Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk fight at Wembley is on a 70-30 split salary
The undisputed heavyweight fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk scheduled for April 29 has failed, according to the Ukrainian manager.
The Ukrainian’s longtime manager and adviser Egis Klimas revealed as much on Wednesday, March 22.
“No matter how much Usyk compromised, he was pushed to do more,” Usyk’s manager Egis Klimas told boxing journalist Steve Kim, who first reported that the talks were over. were collapsed.
The parties agreed to a 70-30 split in Fury’s favor for net income earlier this month, but Fury and Usyk could not agree on other key terms essential to the deal. agreement beyond the split.
Usyk, a 35-year-old from Ukraine, has closed his training camp, sources say, and will regroup with his team to prepare for his next fight.
Usyk holds the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles and is ranked No. 2 by ESPN at heavyweight. Fury, the WBC champion, is ESPN’s No. 1 heavyweight.
Three mandatory challengers await their shot at Usyk, but England’s Daniel Dubois is first in the rotation system used for unified boxing champions.
Last week, the Gypsy King insisted the fight was definitely on and he went into a blackout on social media during training for the fight.
But the Ukrainian’s longtime manager and adviser Klimas has made a firm take-it-or-leave-it statement to Fury’s team, and that if the fight doesn’t happen, Usyk will switch to a mandatory defense of his WBA title against Daniel Dubois. .
Klimas told SNAC: “If this fight is going to happen, only on April 29. Or it’s just going to be canceled, and we’ll go with the mandatory.