The autopsy revealed that my daughter had died of electrocution
mrs Blessing Adeniran, the mother of a 12-year-old student at Chrisland High School in Ikeja, Lagos State, Desola Whitney Adeniran, who died while attending the school’s Sports Interhouse, held at Agege Stadium on February 9, said the result of the autopsy carried out on its daughter revealed that she had died by electrocution.
Remember that IIn a video uploaded on February 11, the distraught mother said she was at the event to see her daughter compete, but became concerned when she didn’t see her daughter during the past match as well as other sporting events. Ms Adeniran said she decided to go to where the students were all kept to check on her child, and when she got there a student told her that a certain Whitney had passed out and been carried away emergency at the hospital.
Whitney’s mother said her daughter was not ill before the inter-house sports day and when she asked the doctor at the hospital about the cause of her daughter’s death, the doctor said he was was apparently a cardiac arrest.
Reacting to the incident, Chrisland School explained that about two weeks prior, Whitney had complained of health issues and opted out of the school parade.
In a Press released, the school claimed that Whitney had died “in public view and not in hidden circumstances,” adding that she was rushed to the nearest medical center for first aid.
However, Whitney’s father claimed that his daughter “died from the bare wire of a cotton candy machine after touching it and was electrocuted as soon as she leaned on it”.
He claimed that water was poured over her, which immediately killed her.
“I have documented evidence that my child died of electrocution and it was not cardiac arrest,” he said.
“She was fine, she was not sick. And let me make it clear, by the time I saw her dead body, her lips and tongue had already turned black,” Mr Adeniran told BBC Pidgin.
However, the school administration appealed to Whitney’s parents to establish scientific confirmation of the root cause of her death before her burial.
An autopsy has since been performed and results showed Whitney had died of electrocution, according to her mother.
Ms Adeniran said her daughter had been cut open in order to get the results. She said Whitney had her period before she died and her menstrual blood was also taken for testing.
She called Chrisland Schools for putting her family through the trauma of the autopsy, when they could have just told them how their child had died. She also said that anyone who “insulted, intimidated and humiliated” her by saying that her daughter was sick before her death will be judged by God.
Watch the video below…