September 25, 2022

Afrikaloaded

All About The Latest Updates

Bandits kidnap 40 Kaduna worshipers and demand N200m ransom

Bandits kidnap 40 Kaduna worshipers and demand N200m ransom

Bandits abducted 40 worshipers from Bayan Kasuwa, Kasuwan Magani wards in Kajuru Local Government Area, Kaduna State.

National Chairman of the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), Dr. Awemi Maisamari, who confirmed the incident to reporters in Kaduna on Monday September 19, said the bandits had contacted the families of the victims and demanded a ransom of 200 million naira.

According to SOKAPU, the incidents took place on September 12 and 13, in the Kasuwan Magani district of Kajuru LGA, a few kilometers from the metropolis.

“There is still no respite for communities in southern Kaduna. Terrorists, jihadists, bandits and armed herders have continued to loot and ransack communities in the southern part of the state,” he said. he declared.

“The latest are the mass abductions that took place on September 12 and 13, 2022 at Kasuwan Magani in Kajuru LGA south of Kaduna.

“Kasuwan Magani is about 20 km south of Kaduna metropolis on the Kaduna-Kafanchan expressway and hosts the largest weekly market in Kaduna State.

“On the first day of September 12, six people were abducted in a night raid by the terrorists in the Ungwan Fada part of the city.

“With no measures having been put in place to prevent this from happening again, the next day, September 13, the terrorists stormed the Church of the Cherubim and Seraphim, during a night vigil program in Bayan Kasuwa neighborhoods of Kasuwan Magani town, around midnight.

“They managed to take more than sixty people from the church and nearby houses. However, they could not take them all because some were very small children, too old or had health problems.

“As they retreated with their captors to their camps, they attacked the village of Janwuriya, a few kilometers from Kasuwan Magani, and abducted two other people.

“To date, 45 people have so far been confirmed abducted. Yesterday, however, on September 18, 2022, the kidnappers contacted some people in the city by phone and claimed that only 40 people were being held by them.

“They demanded a ransom of 200 million naira, but the negotiation is still ongoing. We do not yet know the identity or the fate of the 5 missing people”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.